The incidence of memory decline disorders like Alzheimer’s is steadily rising in India. More than 3.7 million people already have Alzheimer’s. These numbers are expected to double by the next decade.
Memory-decline diseases can slowly ebb away the abilities and wipe off the sufferer’s confidence. They can fade the memories, distort the personality and snatch the very identity of your loved one. Gradually, they can make your loved elder more and more dependent on you.
You may be shattered if a loved one has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. It is natural because Alzheimer’s caregiving can be a challenging journey with many twists and turns. At each stage, the physical, mental, and emotional responsibilities you may have to fulfill change. What makes it all worse may be that your loved one may not express gratitude for or sometimes even understand your commitment.
But it is important to remember that you are not alone. There are many resources available that can support you through.
Don app is a mobile app specially designed for sufferers of memory-decline disorders like Alzheimer’s disease and their caregivers. It has been thoughtfully created to be user-friendly and aptly address this group’s needs.
This app is designed to be more than a tool; it is more like a lifeline.
- Empowers the sufferer or the caregiver with knowledge about dementia
- Provides simple and practical tips that can enhance the quality of life
- Has a video that shows the ten warning signs of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Sends reminders about doctor’s appointments and medicine doses
- It helps patients revive memories by browsing through their favorite photos stored in the album feature
- Monitors and tracks the patient to prevent them from wandering off and getting lost